- What personal data we collect and why
- What we do with your personal data
- How we secure your personal data
- How you can change or delete your personal data
Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data.
‘Site’ - means the publicly available website www.annieb-art.co.uk
'Service' - means the service we provide to our customers
'Product' - means the items available to buy from our online shop
‘User’ - means a person who uses our Site or has registered to use our Service.
‘Personal Data’ - means any information that can personally identify an individual.
Who we are:
Artist, illustrator and children's author
Telephone: 07967 635216
What information we collect:
We may collect and process various forms of information when you use our Site or Service:
- ‘User-provided’ information - When you use our Site or Service, you may provide Personal Data and we as a result, may collect this. Personal data is any form of information that can identify an individual for example: name, email address, mailing address, and credit card or other billing information. Examples of when this information may be provided include, but are not limited to - when you purchase an item from our shop, when you book and pay for a workshop, when you subscribe to our mailing list, and when you send us a message via a contact form.
- ‘Automatically collected’ information - If you use our Site or Service we may automatically collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We achieve this by using cookies and other forms of technology. All of the information that is automatically collected is statistical data about our Users browsing actions and patterns.
How we use the information collected:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us (i.e. providing you with the items you have purchased)
- To carry out any business essential administrative processes
- To notify you of any changes to our Service
- To provide any information you have requested or that we feel may be of genuine interest to you. These include updates about the Products/Services we offer, promotions and general business information. You have the right to opt-out of receiving any promotional information.
We process your personal information for the above purposes when:
Consent. You have consented to the use of your personal information in a particular way. When you consent, you can change your mind at any time.
Performance of a contract. We need your personal information to provide you with Products and Services requested by you, or to respond to your enquiries. In other words, so we can perform our contract with you or take steps at your request before entering into one.
Legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in using your personal information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in the following cases:
To operate the Annie b. business and provide you with tailored advertising and communications to develop and promote our business.
To provide and continuously improve and expand the Products/Services we offer to our Users.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly Necessary cookies - These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. This includes, for example, cookies that enable you to use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical / Performance cookies - They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This also helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that Users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We use Google Analytics to measure traffic to our Site and understand how Users move around and use our Service. We use this information to enhance the Site and Service we provide to ensure that Users get the best experience possible. All of the information we collect from Google Analytics is aggregate and will not be disclosed with any other third parties.
How we store the information we collect
Create.net stores your purchase information (such as name, address, email, phone, comments) in its commerce database. Create.net ensures personal information is kept secure by - maintaining administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the personal information in their possession. They employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout the network, and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
If you submit an enquiry to us via a contact form, the enquiry is sent as an email to our email account. These emails are stored within an email folder and are retained for no longer than one year.
Protecting the privacy of children is particularly important in data protection. As stated in our Terms and Conditions, anyone under the age of 18 is not eligible to use our Service. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Data of anyone younger than 18 unless parental consent has been obtained prior to using our Service. If you are under the age of 18 and we have not been provided clear parental consent, then please do not use or access our Service at any time.
If we become aware of any personal data that has been gathered on a child who is under the age of 18 without parental consent, we will take the appropriate action to ensure it is removed from our system.
If you, as a parent or guardian, discover that your child (under the age of 18) is using our Service without your consent, please notify us and we will take the relevant action to ensure the Personal Data of the child is erased.
We will continue to retain any information collected from a User of our Service as long as is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations, resolve your enquires, provide a Product/Service you requested, and to serve our legitimate interests.
Your mailing list subscription details will be retained until you choose to unscubscribe.
Your enquires submitted via contact forms will be retained for no longer than one year. We do not share this information with third parties or use it for marketing purposes.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Changes To This Policy
Last edited: 27/07/18